This is our reproduction of perhaps one of the more famous chairs of the 20th century, the saarinen "Tulip" chair was part of a collection by Saarinen in 1957 which explored the "cleaning up of the slum of the legs" which characterized so many chairs and tables at the time. Saarinen's goal was to create a single pedestal upon which the chair or the table surface would rest... the result is a timeless expression of modernism which remains as popular today as it did over 40 years ago. Constructed of space age fiberglass with red wool-blend fabric cushion. Cushion can be customized in leather, vinyl or fabric.
- Base of chair made of cast aluminum or fiberglas resin in a plastic bonded finish
- Shell of chair made of molded fiberglass with a reinforced, plastic bonded finish
- Chair features swivel mechanism
- Base and shell finishes available in black or white
- Upholstered foam cushion is removable, with zippered cover
- Overall Dimensions: 32" H x 20" W x 21.25" D
- Seat Height: 18.5"