This is our reproduction of perhaps one of the more famous chairs of the 20th century; the Saarinen Tulip Chair. The "Tulip" was part of a collection by Saarinen in 1957 which explored the "cleaning up of the slum of the legs" which characterized so many chairs and tables at the time. Saarinen's goal was to create a single pedestal upon which the chair or the table surface would rest... the result is a timeless expression of modernism which remains as popular today as it did over 40 years ago.
Constructed of space age white fiberglass with a padded wool-blend fabric cushion that comes in an array of colors.
- Base of chair made of cast aluminum in a rilsan coated finish
- Shell of chair made of molded fiberglass with a reinforced, plastic bonded finish
- Chair features swivel mechanism
- Base and shell finishes available in black or white
- Removable upholstered foam cushion, with zippered cover
21"L x 20"W x 32.5"H